Wednesday, July 30, 2008

We are in Michigan!

We have arrived!  Sorry no cute picture to go with this post because I don't have a camera and will have to figure out how to post using my Mom's camera.  The flight was good and Nila did really well.  We did have our challenges - 9 hours is a long flight for anyone.  I have to say that I was saved by a family who happened to be flying with us that we knew from church.  They were a life saver and I honestly do not think I would have survived without them.  They helped me get on and off the flight, entertained Nila for long stretches during the flight, and then helped me get all my luggage off, through customs and rechecked for the flight to GR.  I also had many offers of help getting on that last flight to GR, getting the stroller (the massive heavy double stroller) up the stairs at the airport, getting a huge bag into the car.  Never underestimate the kindness of stangers!

Both Nila and Jonas had a decent night getting settled in a new place and we are taking it easy this first day.  We cannot wait to see everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! Cannot wait to see you guys. Glad to hear that you all made it safe.

Love ya,
Les

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

Thanks so much for posting on the blog about your trip. We were thinking of you all the day and it's so wonderful to know you arrived safely along with the kindness of others. We can hardly wait to see you and the children! Take care and we send our love...NY Grandparents

Mary Bristol said...

Glad you made it safely! Hope your stay in Michigan is great.
Hope to see you soon..

Mary Bristol

Anonymous said...

Are we going to see you this time?
~Melinda :)