Friday, June 06, 2008

Rainy rainy days

It has been raining for the last month! I am not kidding. The ground is now flooded and am I seriously regretting putting off buying Nila a raincoat. We are all getting a little stir crazy, but on the bright side we now just go about our business outside and pretend that we are not getting drenched. You will often find Nila and I out hanging in the yard sopping wet. (Pulling weeds seems to be our favorite activity of late...something that is easier when it is raining. I pull them and Nila tags along after with a bucket picking them all up.)

Here is Nila on her borrowed scooter from Christine. I love watching her try and roll - you never realized how much coordination it takes until you see a two year old work at it. You also will notice the baby dangling precariously from her coat. I have had Jonas in the sling a lot lately as he has been fussy. It works great to keep his close by and happy....and Nila thinks so too!


Big baby Jonas had his 4m appointment today. He is right on target and doing well. They never tell me exactly what precentile the kids are in, but she did mention "He is growing well, so perhaps he does not need two night feeds anymore". He did have to have two vaccinations today so he was tired and slept all day. We woke a bit in the evening and Jason had to walk him around to keep him calm. Jason was complaining his back hurt! Tell me about it!!



I love this photo since he is so tired and totally passed out, but still holding strong to Jason's watch.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Heather said...

I love the day to day things! Between BabyO and Team Met its nice to feel like we are all keeping in great touch with each other.

I can't believe how long Jonas looks in the photo with Jason - is basketball in his future? And it is fun to see how much Nila is imitating everyone, taking everything in.

Hope you are feeling better Sarah.

Anonymous said...

What a big girl Nila is, trying to use the scooter and taking care of her baby. Jonas is so cute passed out but holding on to Jason's watch. We can't wait to see all of you. I hope to rains stop soon.

Love,
Mary and Ed

Anonymous said...

Nila is so industrious! She wants to learn to do everything and it looks like she keeps trying. I love that quality about her. Love, GRparents

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe how big Jonas is. I just love his cheeks. Hope all is well.

Love,
Les